Reverse Osmosis and Nanofiltration Cleaning
Over time, Reverse Osmosis (RO) and nanofiltration (NF) will develop a layer of impurities on the surface of the membranes. Impurities, such as scale, microorganisms and suspended solids will cause the membrane elements to foul, which will cause the performance of the system to drop (reduced permeate, lower quality water, etc.).
Proper maintenance and cleaning of RO and NF systems will extend the life and improve the performance of the membrane elements. Aqua Clear offers a variety of products and services for complete care of Reverse Osmosis and Nanofiltration systems.
Support Services Offered by Aqua Clear for RO and NF Systems
- Water Analysis
- One-time or monthly field analysis of water quality
- System Troubleshooting and On-site Technical Support
- Determine if system is operating effectively and efficiently, or why not.
- Maintenance Contracts
- Bundled products and services for system treatment during operation
- Includes on-site water analysis, treatment chemicals, and chemical pumps, etc.
- Deep-cleaning for Membrane Element
- Aqua Clear’s in-house membrane cleaning station is ideal for deep-cleaning membranes.
Chemicals to be Considered for Membrane Treatment
- Coagulants and Flocculants will increase prefiltration efficiency and improve membrane performance.
- Antiscalants and scale inhibitors will prevent scale and reduce fouling of the membranes.
- Anti-microbial chemicals that are “membrane safe” are recommended for controlling microbiological contamination and growth.
- Formulated Multicomponent Cleaners are used for deep-cleaning services that will extend the useful life of membranes. Aqua Clear will recommend the most effective combination of chemicals for specific applications to maximize the effectiveness of a deep-cleaning. Aqua Clear also sells its line of formulated, membrane compatible cleaners.
Please contact us via phone or e-mail to learn more about our RO and NF services or to schedule a complimentary visit and on-site analysis.
AquaClear, LCC RO and NF Membrane Cleaning